Sunday, April 14, 2013

Philippines Adventure Day 1

The Journey Part 1: An Unnecessary Amount of Detail.


Seriously, reading this first part is a waste of time. If I were you id look at the pictures and get back to watching funny youtube videos of guys eating like animals. asap.

My trek to Manila began on the 11:07pm bus from Federal Center Station to DIA. It had been snowing all day and the roads showed the slick mass of the 8in snow. The bus was late so I didn't get to the airport until about 1am. I promptly staked a claim next to a power outlet, (though awkwardly close to some other sleeping people), pulled out my inflatable backpacking pad, and slept as much as I could for the next 3.5 hours.

I must have slept through my 4:15 alarm, fortunately waking 15min later. I quickly packed my things and headed to security. Once at the checkpoint, I scrambled to put my things on the conveyor. I walked cautiously through the millimeter wave scanner. Once on the other side I was suddenly taken by a TSA agent. She seized my belongings and accused me of treason! Well, actually she just wanted the tiny Swiss Army knife on my keychain, I guess she didn't have one.

The Journey Part 2: Is The Wing supposed to be covered in snow? Nobody knows


Made it to DFW! Slight delay because Of a nation wide computer glitch. No big deal. We left a few hours late, but were soon in the air on our way to Tokyo! I saw mountains of Washington or Oregon from the little window. Very exciting. But mostly I just saw the wing of the plain. Very boring.

The Journey Part 3: Don't tell me what time it actually is; I don't want to know.


Well, we're about to land and its nearly 5pm here on the other side of the world. I've slept here and there but will be looking forward to a good nights sleep whenever we get where we're going.
I was about to take a picture out the info but it just looks like blue on top with clouds at the bottom. We could still be in Texas for all I know. Who's to say this map is correct? I don't think we know where we're going. Ill keep you updated.








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love life and aspire to be all I can be in everything that I do.

Followers